Wednesday 4 November 2009

Work Placement

I.W.P


At first week, my work placement should be in Royal Cross School, but then it was a half term so my work counterpart went to work different place.

 Me and Gunjana meet up at Preston Bus Station so we took a bus to Blackpool and arrive there about 10am, we went to Hairdressing the shop called I.W.P (not sure whats full called), the Deaf man called Iain who are hairdressing and it is his own business in the shop.

Gunjane tidy it up!!
 Gunjana really like it cos she had a training hairdressing in Nepal, she said it was something same but different, example it had no booking in Nepal, anyone can come in anytime, had a cut and pay for it. and no allowed to have a colours on the hairs. If they had a colour hair in nepal, they will laugh at them. Wow!

Iain and Steve who are Iain's husband, explain us they had been working each other for many years. I had explain to Gunjane what did Iain say about they are married, and Gunjane was shocked and didn't understand the sign 'Gay',  I had explain what gay mean and that they are gay, and they don't like girls etc etc.
Bless Gunjana, she told me she had a finally see gay people cos she never see them before. She said in Nepal, a few people are gay but not many people. Its really Interested!

So we had leave there at 6pm after we had a tidy the shop. Blah! We arrive at Preston about 7pm and we meet Dee and Kul waiting for us!

I really enjoy to talking with Gunjane cos she was so easy on with. She was more full of life and chatterbox! :)

  
I made that hair and Gunjane liked it! :)

 Royal Cross Primary School


Finally, I can work with Babita for good...well other six months! I told her that i don't know where is our work placement yet, i asked bus driver to where to Royal Cross School, Babita was bit shocked that i can speak. I had explain to her that i can speak but not brilliant as hearing people, sometime people can understand me and someone time they don't! I was nervous to arrive to school, just excited. I can tell that Babita was bit nervous but she wasn't say anything about she being nervous. I do understand as it was not her first language. 

We arrive at Royal Cross Primary School. We meet the Head of the teacher, Ruth Nottingham, she was lovely lady, she can sign BSL with her voice. She strongest to believe to sign and speak same time. I do agree with her, i do believe that Deaf child could learn how to sign and speak same time til they grow up and choice whatever they want to speak or sign or both! Ruth shown us around in the school and introduced us to the Teachers of the Deaf and Deaf Children. It was so small school, i didn't realised that as i thought it was bigger school. We were told that we have a hearing children in as well...i thought it was deaf school? But some of them were special need or cant speak well. I didn't realised it. Babita was same too. 

At first we went to year two, the teacher of the Deaf called Vicky, oh my, she remind me of Kate Hampton, my old best friend from Deaf Club in Cornwall, what in the way of her signing and movement. I thought 'I do miss Kate!' We doing the maths, oh my, how rubbish my maths was...but then we doing the numbers with animal, like how many the animals on one box, children have to work out how many. Bless them, they were so hard to work out with it. I have to act like i was stupid and didn't know very well with maths (before you say anything, i know I'm crap with maths but not that BAD maths!) so the children was yelled at me 'You are wrong you are wrong!' I was so laughing so hard! :) 

Babita was shocked to see the deaf boy who can speak, the boy come to me and talking to me without signing, i do understand him, cos his lip are so clear. Babtita couldn't understand him as she don't use lipread at all. When i talking with him, I'm always use my signing and speak same time so babtia and a little boy understand me. I did really enjoy with it. 

I realised i do want to be TA of the deaf in the future. Bless Babtita, some of children come to Babita and talking, Babita was bit baffled, so i come to her and sort out and explain to Babita so she sort it out herself...i don't want to jump in and sort out myself, just explain to her that's all. As if i was her interpreter!

It was so great working with you, Babita, i will never forget it.

Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment