Thursday 22 October 2009

My Counterpart

Kul Prasad Bhattarai



I have been with him as my counterpart for all the six months. He live in Kathmandu at Nepal but he had been gew up with his family in Syangja. He has two sisters and two brothers. He was only deaf in the family so he had been hearing til he was a 11 year old cos of his illness so it made him deaf. He went to stay at home for two years without school til his father had found a Deaf School in Kathmandu for him. Right now he work for Nepal Foundation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NFDH). He teaching Nepali Sign Language (NSL) Now he had a girlfriend called Sobita who was also invocled in DGX. We were so different people...I was so wild boy and open minded, and talk a lot. Kul is very private person, quiet and didnt talk very much. It was so challenaged to me a lot, at first we wasn't that close very much, I was trying to talk him and get him talk back. Til we arrive in Nepal, oh my god, we were just so close and talk every night when we were eating our dinner, he suppored me while i was sick and illness, he was so brilliant to me, i learned so much from him, he is very cleaver boy and say whats he think not matter what. I quite liked that. I do miss him even he was pain in the neck, and i do think of him every day even in my dream when i saw him and i just ran to him and give him BIG hug!


                                      Our first Photo together in Deafway Oct 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment